Watch this quick video to learn about the casual English expression, “wild,” including some examples and an explanation.
Tag Archives: videos
What is a ‘Host’ of something? – Quick Tip Video
What is a ‘Grip’ of something? – Video Quick Tip
Watch these quick videos to hear how someone might use the slang word grip. Read “A Handful” to learn more about how this word is used. What do you think of my explanation?
Other Random Channels for Listening
YouTube Channels for Inspiration, Curiosity or a Simple Laugh
Better Than Yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpExuV8qJMfCaSQNL1YG6bQ
- Great daily tips for living a better life and being a better person
Today I Found Out: https://www.youtube.com/c/Todayifoundout-official
- Lots of random and unique topics or facts that are always interesting to learn about
Geography Now: https://www.youtube.com/user/GeographyNow
- Channel about all the countries in the world. He’s not done yet but the videos are funny and use lots of pop culture references
PBS Eons: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzR-rom72PHN9Zg7RML9EbA
- Channel about prehistoric stuff, outer space, and general geeky science topics. The speakers are very pleasant people
Joel & Lia: https://www.youtube.com/user/joelandlia
- Two British buddies who like to compare the UK to the U.S.
- A guy who likes to explain history and misconceptions about history or race/ethnicity. Might be interesting to you
Drew Binsky: https://www.youtube.com/c/drewbinsky
- A world traveler who goes to some of the most unusual and intriguing countries on the planet. He’s also very positive
- Everything about languages, from English to the Khoisan languages of Africa. He’s got it all
Russell Brand: https://www.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
- Insightful channel focused on current issues, meditation, better thinking and mental wellness. Includes many podcasts and interviews long and short
JRE Clips: https://www.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
- The Jeff Rogan Experience. Mostly interviews by Joe Rogan with leading professionals in all kinds of fields. Sometimes inspirational and other times just plain entertaining
- A channel focused on becoming a better fiction writer, if you’d like to do that
After School: https://www.youtube.com/c/AfterSkool
- Interesting interviews turned into colorful drawings and artwork to help create a clearer picture of the subject matter
- Short and hilarious parody ads that critique the government, including some podcasts. Centered on Australian concerns
- Short videos that explain diverse and interesting topics in English
- Live talks and speeches about important topics from around the world in English and many other languages
TED Talks: https://www.ted.com/talks
- TED also has their own website, of course
Bilingue Blogs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa57CLZlqhFtn1m-e-tWhpg
- His channel is geared more toward Spanish learners, but he uses mostly English. You can be inspired by his near-perfect Spanish skills despite being an American with no Hispanic background
Anne Grady Group: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU8shqCISYnwLzf650HBwcA
- Uplifting channel for feeling good and self growth
The School of Life: https://www.youtube.com/user/schooloflifechannel
- Cool channel about personal growth, reflection, and other helpful life topics
BBC News: https://www.youtube.com/user/bbcnews
- World news channel in English
Learn on YouTube
Here is a list of 20 YouTube channels that you can use to help you in your language learning process. Some of these are for beginners, intermediate, Portuguese-speaking learners. Check these channels, and comment below if you know anymore great English channels!
Channels for Learning English on YouTube
Channel Robin MacPherson: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLifeOfRob
- Explains mostly how to learn languages from a polyglot viewpoint. His videos are very laidback and relaxing to watch.
Tim Explica: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGxIAAnrhkCy6H2DRz-t6Qw
- An American who loves to visit Brazil and teach Brazilians about English and American culture, and vice-versa. He also has a Spanish-centered channel somewhere.
Cambly (Brasil): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmw9hQKH5l2lNwyfvaDIXg
- Has weekly live and recorded English lessons geared toward Brazilian learners. They have a regular channel for general English students, and they probably have a channel for other specific languages.
Speak English with Vanessa: https://www.youtube.com/user/theteachervanessa
- A great teacher with an easy accent and interesting interactive lessons.
Go Natural English: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Pbt3q-ihROg1lmmmQdU2w
- A channel for learning natural English expression.
The English Coach: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-g0gSStENkYPXFRsKrlvyA
- Another good channel to practice your English skills.
Learn English with TV Shows: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKgpamMlm872zkGDcBJHYDg
- Practice English watching popular TV shows, series, interviews and even movies. Now they have music and books as well!
- A super encouraging and helpful channel from an Australian point of view. The teacher is very nice and speaks in an easy manner.
Learn English with Papa Teach Me: https://www.youtube.com/user/papateachme
- A funny and entertaining channel about English from a cool British guy. He often gets people from his life involved or does little cartoons as well.
- A highly informative channel about English from an American that loves Brazil, partially in Portuguese. He loves teaching curiosities about the language.
Rachel’s English: https://www.youtube.com/user/rachelsenglish
- An awesome teacher who focuses on better pronunciation and achieving fluency.
Accent’s Way English with Hadar: https://www.youtube.com/user/accentsway
- Another great teacher for accents and a great inspiration since she is not a native speaker but has a nearly perfect American accent.
Canguro English: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr2TgqpOrU3kUTkVy5XoLow
- An insightful, funny and thoughtful channel from a cool British guy who really cares about you getting better with English. No false promises or gimmicks here.
Learn English with Bob the Canadian: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJJTxA36ZPNTJ1WFIByaeA
- A quirky Canadian guy that teaches English by presenting real situations rather than telling about it.
Easy Languages: https://www.youtube.com/user/magauchsein
- A great tool for reading custom-made subtitles and watching native speakers in action on the streets.
Simple English Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/vickihollettvideo
- These are short and silly videos to aid in English understanding.
Lost in the Pond: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqabPJa-N6ORAlO5yMBtWXg
- An Englishman now living in the U.S. with his American wife. He compares lots of accent and regional differences.
Steve Kaufmann: https://www.youtube.com/user/lingosteve
- A channel about learning languages from one of the most renowned language learning experts.
Luca Lampariello: https://www.youtube.com/user/poliglotta80
- An Italian guy with a great English accent who loves to teach about learning languages proficiently and becoming a polyglot.
Speak English with Tiffani: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGLGVRO_9qDc8VDGGMTcUiQ
- Lastly we have this wonderful channel. Tiffani is a super enthusiastic and optimistic teacher. She has lots of experience teaching and always has a smile (and a couple of excited shouts) in her lessons. She gives great tips for learning languages, helpful ideas for you to think in English, and often finishes her lessons with a personal life story.